So what do we eat instead of pasta?
- Most of the time, we eat rice (19x).
- But we also like wraps (10x) and bread, in some form or another (10x).
- After that follows 'other' (including other grains like barley and quinoa; 8x) and potato (7x).
- Sometimes we eat roast vegetables (5x), rice noodles (4x) or polenta (2x).
- Sometimes we eat no form of starch at all (5x).
See? :D Perfectly doable, life without pasta!!
Pizza I made yesterday, which turned out quite nicely!!
What cuisines do we eat most frequently?
- Most of the time, we eat Thai/Vietnamese (13x), I love the spiciness and freshness of those dishes!
- This is however closely followed by 'European' (12x): chicken/beef burgers, soup with bread, chicken/fish with mash, roast beef with sweet potato, or even wraps with scrambled eggs.
- We do eat Italian quite frequently (12x), even if it doesn't involve pasta..
- Other than that our main cuisines are Chinese (7x; Chinese means for me: never take-away, always home-made!!), Indian (6x), Middle Eastern (5x), Scandinavian (3x), Japanese (2x), Indonesian (2x), Sri Lankan (1x), Greek (1x), Asian fusion (1x).
The European dishes are mostly either the 'lazy' dishes (had drinks at a uni function, whip up a quick burger) or 'cookbook' dishes (Jamie Oliver's chicken in white wine/mustard sauce or roast beef with Yorkshire pudding). We normally eat Japanese quite frequently, so I am surprised to see we've eaten it only twice here.. I do have my Japan phases. :> I'm going to make Japanese for dinner tomorrow actually! Miso-glazed fish. Yum! Looking forward to it. Tonight Korean.
Goodie goodie it's good to be a foodie :D
If you wonder why it is not 7*12 = 84 meals in total - sometimes we eat out :D
BeantwoordenVerwijderenI seemed to have missed some days with the country count..oops! Ah well :)
Message is quite clear tho Val.....I still love pasta!!
BeantwoordenVerwijderen*shakes head* *sigh* :p
BeantwoordenVerwijderenHiha Viva avond hier...dus volkoren tagliatelle met tomaat, ui, zalm, witte wijn en rucola....dat wordt smullen!!
BeantwoordenVerwijderenhehehe, to be fair, that's sounds great! :D
BeantwoordenVerwijderen